Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Stir Crazy?

I've been feeling a little irritable lately.  Maybe even a little on the down side, now that I think about it.  It's not that there is anything wrong, I just don't feel like much is right.  The days have seemed to require a little more effort getting started.  Taking care of the kids has worn on me a little more than usual. I have been feeling very fatigued at about 4pm every afternoon for the last several weeks.  There have been problems to work out, mundane tasks to do, and absolutely nothing to get excited about.

I turn 40 this week.  One might think this would contribute to the problem, but surprisingly it doesn't.  I actually don't mind turning 40.  Turning 39 bugged me, but in my head I've already been 40 for the last year.  I just accepted it when I turned 39 instead.  So that's not it.

So what is this?  Is it just the blahs?  Am I still working my way out of my depression?  Am I falling back into a depressive episode?  What about the irritability?  Am I getting hypomanic or do I really have an axe to grind?  I think I have some legitimate issues, but then again, maybe they just seem like it.  I just don't really know if I'm thinking all that clearly.

Maybe I'm just feeling a little stir crazy being home all day.  Things have become very mundane, and I have nothing to get excited about or to which I can look forward.  I don't know what that could be, but I feel like there should be something.  It's just all kids, TV or computer all the time.  I've needed Ativan a little more often lately.

I am going to have to figure out if there is something I can do and if it will make me feel better, or if there is something chemical at work here.