Thursday, July 30, 2009

Ready to Move Forward

THANK GOD I feel better today. Three down days of feeling sorry for and beating the shit out of myself has not been a cakewalk. For whatever reason, I have returned to a semblance of the status I had previously achieved.

The big move is this weekend, and I'm back to being at least a little productive. It will be hard to leave the home that held so many dreams for us...the only real home our kids have known (we moved here before our 2nd child was born). We had planned to stay here pretty much for the rest of our lives. After 6 years, all that is over. The move will be good for us, it will relieve us of a large financial burden, not to mention adding to the warmth to our every day family life with my Aunt's presence--she is our kids' self-appointed grandmother. Nevertheless, there is a sense of melancholy at leaving our former dreams behind.

Moving forward allows a new beginning for us all. We're moving to a town with a better school system. A bigger house. It will afford me the opportunity to stay home with less worry about finances should my disability suddenly be terminated or not be approved for the long term. I'm eager to move forward and start a new phase in our lives. I don't want to look back. I want to look forward and begin anew.

So, come Saturday, I will begin a metamorphosis of sorts. I don't intend to look back (if I can help it.)